There are several types of waiters :
- Fine Dining Waiters – These waiters typically work in upscale restaurants, where they provide formal, attentive service and are knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.
- Casual Dining Waiters – These waiters typically work in casual restaurants, where the atmosphere is less formal and the service is more relaxed.
- Buffet Waiters – These waiters work in buffet-style restaurants, where they help guests by filling their plates and refilling drinks.
- Food Cart Waiters – These waiters work in food courts, theme parks, and other places where food is sold on carts. They are responsible for preparing and selling food items to customers.
- Room Service Waiters – These waiters work in hotels, delivering room service orders to guests in their rooms.
- Special Event Waiters – These waiters work at special events such as weddings, parties and conferences, where they serve food and drinks to guests.
- Catering Waiters – These waiters work in catering companies, serving food and drinks at different locations, such as at a private home, office or park
- Bar Waiters – These waiters work in bars, taverns, and pubs, where they serve drinks and sometimes food to customers.