Check in Procedures
As check in procedures matter very much in terms of guest satisfaction, it is important to perform these procedures as quickly and reliably as possible.
- The procedures are as follows;
- Prepare the registration card before the guest’s arrival and attach the correspondence of available.
- If the reception desk is quite big, face the guest directly, do not wait for them to head for you.
- Greet the guest politely. Maintain eye contact.
- Always have a positive attitude.
- Utter the guest’s name at least for one time.
- Record all the details about the guest’s stay into the system such as (check in/check out dates, the number of the guests, the period and the price of the stay)
- Ask the guest to spell his name if necessary.
- Record the information on the guest’s identification card.
- Ask about the form of payment. If the payment is not going to be mde by a company or agency, ask the guest to make a prepayment in cash or by credit card.
- If there are other people next to the guest, do not let them hear the guest’s room number. Show his room number to the guest by using the key card holder.
- Inform the guest about the hotel briefly.
- Wish the guest to have a nice stay and assign the bellboy to escort the guest to his room.