A bellboy is a guest’s first impression of the hotel where he Works. Most bellboy jobs are a combination of customer service, spot cleaning, maintenance and concierge activities.
Qualities of A Good Bellboy
- He is punctual, comes to work on time.
- Wears a uniform, always looks clean and presentable.
- İs particular about his personel care, smells nice, is always shaved, has uniform ironed, his shoes painted.
- Should be always smiling, co-operative, friendly.
- Should have good communication skills.
- Opens the front door for guests.
- Assists customers with their bags and luggage.
- Greets the customers courteously.
- Loads or unloads luggage from the guest’s vehicles.
- Escorts guests to their hotel rooms.
- Occasionally park and retrieve guest’svehicles.
- Assists the customers with their needs.
- Explains the hotel rules to the customers.
- Shows the customers how to use the hotel facilities.
- Ensures that all amenities, such as television or telephone, are operating properly.
- Responds to bell calls from guests either from the rooms or from where they are.
- If the guest requires to book a wake up call, the bellboy makes the call at the appropriate time.
- Tracks documents in front Office, delivers the fax and phone messages to the respondents.
- Delivers the reports of administrative staff, general manager, sales office and front office department.
- Is familiar with check in, check out operations; can use switchboard, fax, key equipment, post machine, front Office equipment and helps front office.
- Informs the guests who stays at the hotel about the opening and closing hours of the restaurant/s.
- Helps room change operation.
- Tracks guests’ baggage property and messages, prepares the required documents when it is necessary to keep them.
- Keeps guests’ property in baggage room. He is responsible for the cleanliness, order and safety of the room.
- Is sensitive about the safety of the hotel, reports his superior in case of disorder.
- Ensures the flags of the hotel are raised at an appropriate time every day.
- Receives guests’ clothes for laundry and returns them after laundry.
- Tracks the groups coming in and going out, does the necessary planning and makes arrangements.
- Tracks the occupancy rate of the rooms, the information about the room number of leaving and arriving guests.
- Keeps the information related to guests confidental, protects guests’ privacy.
- Reports the suspicious behaviours of guests or hotel personnel to his superior. Reports the missing or found belongings to housekeeping. Ensures all potential dangers were reported to the authorities.
- Knows fire, bomb and emergency procedures of the hotel very well.
You can publish the source showing of my writings.